عنوان مقاله [English]
Revenue management is a set of methods and techniques are implemented to maximize revenue of selling perishable goods. Flight tickets are worthless after departure so they are kind of perishable goods. Dynamic models are one of the most popular revenue management models which provide optimal sale policy considering demand forecasting. Because of uncertainty of demand forecasting, there are some amounts of risk in using revenue management methods. In this research, a dynamic model of revenue management has been offered which provides facility of choosing risk level for decision maker. According to results of computer simulation experiments by considering of batch booking, Sharpe Ratio values which express rate of efficiency on risk are calculated for various risk levels and an optimal risk level has been suggested. Tables of sale policy for risk neutral policy and optimal policy are provided and compared. Problem has been solved for assumption of 'no batch booking' and finally effect of batch booking assumption has been checked on expected revenue and optimal risk level.
پور سیدآقایی، م.، و خدمتلو، س.، و آزرمی، س.، (1388)، "طراحی مدل مدیریت درآمد در شرکتهای حمل و نقل عمومی: مورد کاوی قطار غزال تهران-مشهد" نشریه تخصصی مهندسی صنایع، دوره ۴۳، شماره۱، آذر،
ص. ۱ تا ۱1.
- Bartke, P., C. Cleophas, and B. Zimmermann, (2012), "Complexity in airline revenue management". Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management, 12(1): pp. 36-45.
- Barz, C. and K.-H. Waldmann, (2007),"Risk-sensitive capacity control in revenue management". Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, 65(3): pp. 565-579.
- Barz, C., (2006), "How does risk aversion affect optimal revenue management policies? A simulatistudy".Informationssysteme in Transport und Verkehr, 4: pp. 161-172.
- Belobaba, P., (1987),"Air travel demand and airline seat inventory management", Cambridge, MA: Flight Transportation Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Chapuis, J.M., (2008),"Basics of Dynamic Programming for Revenue Management". Revenue & Yield Management e-Journal.
- Chiang, W.-C., J.C.H. Chen, and X. Xu, (2007), "An overview of research on revenue management: current issues and future research". International Journal of Revenue Management,1(1): pp. 97-128.
- Feng, Y. and B. Xiao, (1999),"Maximizing revenues of perishable assets with a risk factor". Operations Research, 47(2):
- Gerchak, Y. and Parlar, M. and Yee, T,(1985),"Optimal Rationing Policies and Production Quantities for Products with Several Demand Classes". Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences/Revue canadianne des Sciences de l'Administration, 2(1) : pp. 161-176 .
- Gonsch, J. and Hassler, M, (2014), "Optimizing the conditional value-at-risk in revenue management". Review of Managerial Science 8.4: pp. 495-521.
- Huang, K. and K.-C. Chang, (2011), "A model for airline seat control considering revenue uncertainty and risk". Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management, 10(2):
- Koenig, M. and J. Meissner, (2009), "Risk minimizing strategies for revenue management problems with target values".
- Koenig, M. and J. Meissner, (2010), "Value-at-risk optimal policies for revenue management problems".
- Lancaster, J., (2003), “The financial risk of airline revenue management. "Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management", 2(2): pp. 158-165.
- Lee, T.C. and M. Hersh, (1993), "A model for dynamic airline seat inventory control with multiple seat bookings". Transportation Science, 27(3): pp. 252-265.
- Littlewood, K., (1972), "Forecasting and control of passenger bookings", Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 4(2):
- Ryzin, G.J.V. Mcgill, J.I, (1999), "Revenue Management: Research Overview and Prospects". Transportation Science, 33,2: pp. 233-256.
- Ryzin, G.J.V. Talluri, K.T., (2004),
"the theory and practice of revenue management", Kluwer Academic Publishers. pp. 746.
- Talluri, K.T., Ryzin, G.J.V. Karaesmen, I.Z. Vulcano, G.J. (2009), "Revenue management: Models and methods". In Simulation Conference (WSC), Proceedings of the Winter.